Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Thoughts? How about a penny for them....

I know random title but nothing else came to mind. The quote came from the "olden" days when postage was just a penny, so it was only a penny for your thoughts, cute huh. At least that's what my mom told me, the things you learn when your parents are the age your grandparents should be :)
So as of late I've been ridiculously homesick which is so strange for me. I've never been homesick in my life. But I miss the beautiful Arizona desert even though it's a beauty only a true Arizonan would love. I miss the 120 degree heat and my pool. Most of all I'm missing my family. My sweet little neices and nephews are getting too big and I'm not there to harrass them. And worst of all, no one is keeping my parents on their toes anymore!
The closer Dallin gets done with school, the more I start looking in to moving down there...I don't know if he knows this or not. He should though.
Also...I don't know if this is my homesick-ness or not...BUT I WANT A KITTEN! Even though Dallin has said no, I'm not letting this stop me. After all, I let him have a bullet bike which is pretty much a death trap...I RISKED my husband dying every day he had it! right...? right! So I have my arguments all planned out, I just have to present them to him in a logical manner, since that's the only way he'll listen to things like this.
Who knows, maybe in a month or so we'll have a new addition to the Bradley family, and NO THAT DOES NOT MEAN A BABY, SORRY JANINE.

For now, Kitten-less and Ancy in Rexburg

6 comments:

Matt and Kira said...

oh, Ash, you're so baby hungry!!! Ha, I love the idea of you getting a little kitten. Tell Dallin I said yes, so you don't need to ask anymore! Add that to your argument...but will you still like it when it's a CAT??? Because I don't think I will...how about you come visit ME! We're going camping, leaving Tuesday and coming back Thursday. PLEASE!!!!! I love you!

Matt and Kira said...

Oh, and cute story about the penny. Thanks for always teaching me stuff that my grandparents forgot to. I love your mom!

Aaron & Drew Rucker said...

Move to arizona!!! We get to look for houses this month. I'm so excited to get down there and bask in the sun, enjoy the amazing sunsets, and maybe go through a car wash in the back of a truck??? MOVE THERE!!!

Group 5 said...

I don't think you should get a kitten. I think you should just have a baby. you know you want to ;). I know what you mean about being homesick. I miss my family a lot and I really want to move down to Utah to be near them. I also really miss Texas and its nice warm weather. I would love to live there someday but Dan has already said no way. what a punk. anyway... love you guys!

Janine said...

I know you really want a baby! I'm not dumb! Do it! But move to Lehi, not AZ! It's way too hot and crowded! Lehi is the best! There are plenty of houses for sale right by us. :) How fun would that be? Way Fun with your new little baby. :D

ZB said...

Ashley, This is Zoie. How fun that you found me! It's hard to believe that you are all grown up and married. You are gorgeous!

I too miss AZ every once in a while. But then I visit in that 120 degree weather and feel so grateful that I don't burn myself on the seat belt or have to run on even the grass because it's just that hot!

You'll have to tell your big sis hello for me. And your sweet mom. Is she still in the same house?