Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Nobody likes you when you're 23"

So, on April 28 I turned 23. I know this doesn't sound very eventful, but it's almost been bothering me lately. Don't get me wrong, I had a great birthday mostly because of my overly sweet husband spoiling me with a new purse, perfume, phone, and other litle trinkets...seriously don't deserve it. But, I can't help but feel that I am getting so stinking old now. I know this sounds retarded, I feel retarded saying it, but it's gotta be said. I just can't get the thought out of my head that I'm just going to get older from here, and also the stupid Blink-182 song keeps popping in me head which doesn't help my situation either. You know the one...."Nobody likes you when you're 23".
It didn't help at all after I told my boss either, because he sang that stupid song at me (I won't say "to me" because it wasn't really a nice gesture, now, was it) for the rest of the day.
So for the rest of you 23 year olds...NO ONE LIKES YOU EITHER!

10 comments:

Kira said...

I like you!!! Will you still like me next month when I'm 25???

Lindsay R said...

haha... I was just thinking about my 23rd birthday that is coming up and I wasn't very excited about the number.
Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking that. :)
Happy late birthday and 23 I'm sure looks great on you.

Kevin and Paige said...

It's only in Rexburg, Idaho being in our mid twenties we'd feel old. I can totally relate, but I try to think about how ridiculous it is for thinking that way. Any where else on the planet we'd be considered babies! heh- Here we are expected to have 3 kids by now and it can totally be unnerving.

Jacob and Pierina said...

hahaha i'm right there with you!

Chantel said...

just wait till you're 24 and have TWO KIDS!!! now who's old?? but on a side note, my brand new baby girl was born on your birthday! wouldn't it have been crazy if josh had won the argument and we had named her ashley???

Dallin & Ashley said...

oh my gosh chantel, it's a sign! how can you NOT name your child ashley? please, you still can, not too late!

The Atomic Mom said...

Wait till you're 37, then people will thow things at you! :) (This is Joyce Brinton by the way :)

Marcos and Angela said...

ash you are hot and 23 and bangin so chill girl im 24 and gettin older day by day aight? love you boo!

Trenton + Brooke said...

I felt so gloomy the day before my 23rd birthday,because I felt so old! This December I turn 24. ick.

Taralynn and Kory said...

nobody likes you when you...never update your blog! i come here in hopes to see a new post and all i see is this depressing one!