Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting back to the Pullens

It is always a blast when Dad and Mom Pullen are able to come hang out with us for a while.  But this time, my sister Susanna was able to take a vacation and meet up with us too!  Susanna lives in Santa Barbara with her family where she owns her own law practice so needless to say finding any time to leave the coast comes few and far between for her.  So we were all ecstatic to hear that she was able to fly out and spend a few days.
During our "Pullen Week" we went on a major hike, unfortunately I ate a huge breakfast burrito before this hike and thought I was going to die a few times.  I literally had to stop and go off the edge a little in case I was going to lose my breakfast...not cool. (Side note: Dal and I just went on this hike this last Saturday and it was WAY more awesome) At the end of the hike we ate lunch at the "Roundhouse Rest." on top of the mountain and took the gondolas back down.  If you ever go to Sun Valley, this is a must.




We also went mountain biking (my new favorite sport), hung out and biked in Ketchum and Sun Valley, and of course had amazing food. 
The only down part about the week was Dallin having to work from 9 am - 7:30 pm every day.  Unfortunately he was doing a little "renovating" in the employee department and didn't have anyone to cover shifts.  BUT he didn't miss dinners. 
But some of the best parts of the trip were just hanging out together and playing games.
My family is amazing, pure amazing.  We're very lucky to have such great families on both sides...

In more recent news, after Dallin's and my hike on Saturday we saw "The Help". Four huge thumbs up from us.  Go see it!

1 comment:

Kira said...

I just decided to start reading the help last night and I'm hooked! I wish I had brought it to read on my lunch! love your family. love that you are such a little granola girl now going hiking and biking all the time. miss you babe!