Monday, August 22, 2011

What Once Was

I am a very nostalgic person.  Almost to a fault because I do remember everything.  Dallin and I even have this game where he will ask me what I wore for a certain day during my lifetime and 9 times out of 10 I can remember.  If I was a cheater (which I am not) I could easily make something up, but where is the fun in that?  This is a very strange thing to remember but I do, I don't even plan my outfits...This was just an example of my ridiculous memory...anyway...

I miss playing tennis everyday for at least 3 hours.  It was some of the most fun I had in highschool.  A group of us were a part of a tennis "academy" that happened Monday-Friday from about 4-7 pm, not including tennis practices during the season.  While going to the academy I made amazing friends (Love ya Tula), how could you not spending that much time with people.  It was normally more fun to be there than not, I really took being in shape for granted.  Oh Ace Academy...with love :)

I miss washing my car - the miata to be exact.  I used to be a FANATIC about washing my car, even in college.  I'd make my friends go with me once a week to the car wash, not just the drive-thru, but the legit put-your-quarters-in-before-the-time-runs-out wash where you had to do it all yourself.  It was fun.  I'm not such a nazi anymore, maybe because I don't have a go-cart to wash or maybe it's because my present car hides dirt well (gross).

let's play the memory game :)



4 comments:

Kira said...

i loooooved going to the car wash with you!! remember the time where this guy gave you a bunch of free car washes at the chevron? remember before you got the top fixed and we stuffed a whole bunch of stuff in the hole so your interior wouldn't get soaked? hahah that was such a fun memory of sitting laughing going through the car wash and getting a shower with this big tarp thing in the miata!! ps remember ang and i riding to church in the trunk? lol

Aaron & Drew Rucker said...

I remember when you and the Gilbert boys went through the car wash in the back of a truck while I went home to put my little sister Sid to bed real quick so I could comeback to your place and hang out with you, Whitney, and Tyson all night listening to Rocket Summer Brat Pack and watching the sun rise from your trampoline.

Dallin & Ashley said...

That was such a fun night Drew. The hot wax was not though. Do you still have the tennis ball?

Taralynn and Kory said...

i miss tennis everyday...and chad...licking ants off the ground and making whale noises! can't believe that kid got married! hahaha