Monday, September 12, 2011

Goodbye Summer 2011

Coming from the land of continual summers (Mesa, Arizona), I am actually intrigued by the changes in seasons.  The colors are amazing (the temperatures are not).
I'm sitting here watching the biggest, blackest storm come over the mountains towards us and I am getting so excited hearing the thunder.  When you grow up in Arizona you tend to get extremely pumped when it rains and storms.  These times come few and far between for Arizonans, it's almost an adrenaline rush for me.

The best part of summer in AZ is monsoon season, I think it's everyone's favorite.
I remember having all my nieces and nephews at the house swimming all day and playing in the rain, then at night having to get out because the storms got so bad.  We'd set all the patio chairs in a row together and watch the fantastic lightening and thunder show, the thunder even got so loud you could feel it rumble in your chest (I hope that makes sense.)

Valley monsoon storms may tie with watching storms from the porch of our cabin in Strawberry, AZ.  The cabin overlooked a valley and mountains, you could see everything including lightening.  There was just something shaking about the thunder up there...

It is safe to say I get more excited about a rainy day than I EVER have about a sunny one.  Nothing is more invigorating to me than to sit on a patio and watch a storm, smell the rain, and hear the thunder.


2 comments:

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

the crazy storms here in provo have scared me haha where I grew up, we saw lightening about once a year! hahaha

LindsayNicole said...

Okay... I MISS YOU GUYS! So glad to have found you have a blog. I am officially a follower. Now I can somewhat stay updated on how you are. Love you Ash!