Tuesday, July 22, 2014

American Ninja Harper

Harps is a TWO YEAR OLD! What the heck has happened....
She and I are best buds.  There are sometimes at night where I put her down for bed then a couple hours later I remember something funny she did that day and I get so excited knowing I have her forever and then I want to run upstairs and grab her and squeeze her!  There are also nights where her bed time couldn't come soon enough... But every single night we cuddle and have a nightly conversation where she jabbers her entire day to me. "Cahhh (car) mama baby cah (my car that had harpers car seat) dada cah (dallins wrx that she never rides in haha), blah ah jjjolb Juju an B ( even if we don't see julie and Bryce that day they make it in our nightly convo) insert forced little giggle here." 
I can't stop laughing. 
She gives the best cuddles. 
But beware, she has a temper and if crossed there is hell to pay. 
I took her to cub scouts to see Dallin and his class. There was another toddler there luckily so they played for a while. Well then they started playing with a basketball. The other kid took it from Harper and all hell broke loose. She stopped, gave him the dirtiest look I've ever seen, you could see her getting more livid by the second, then she shoved the kid to the ground and took back the ball. 
Now I don't condone fighting but I also want Harper to have a backbone.  I guess we just need to teach her how to control her temper and how to express herself now.  I may or may not have been pretty proud. We did have a talk about not pushing, but I love that spirit of hers.... My strong willed girl. 

Updates:
She LOVES music, and she has awesome rhythm. Her favorite songs are "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings
      She'll sing "ah mane" for "my name". Were working on it. 
"Call it What You Want" by Foster the People 
       She sings the intro with "pshhhh"
(I know no one cares about this but this is my blog and partly how I'm documenting her life so lay off.)
"Brass Monkey" Beastie Boys
"Girls Like Boys" Ingrid Michaelson
"All About That Bass" Meghan Trainor

Her dancing IS all that. She does the cutest wiggle and shakes her finger. Then does a sort of vogue move stretching her arms outward back and forth. She is nothing short of amazing. 
She terrorizes Xena and chases her and finally will catch her then kick the poor cat. I blame Dallin. 
She LOVES talking car rides now that she's forward facing and loves the pool and water. Girlfriend is FEARLESS.  In practically every way. 

I cannot get enough of her. The way she needs mom Harper cuddle time before bed melts my heart.
My favorite bear. 




Her typical selfie


No comments: